1. Establish some basic details about the object of your affections before you promise anything...
2. Choose words with care.
3. If words fail, there's always body language.
4. Remember all is fair in love and war...
5. A little modesty goes a long way.
6. Never underestimate the merits of subtlety.
7. If you have someone to spend time with on Valentine's Day, don't brag. Nobody appreciates it.
8. If you haven't, moaning on at those who have about how stupid the whole thing is is almost as annoying.
9. The advice of friends might not always be what you want to hear....
(Queen's We Will Rock You, a little-known medieval hit, and I will engage in fisticuffs with anyone who so much as whispers the word "anachronistic".)
11. If all else fails, just have fun!
Whether you celebrate Valentines Day or not, I wish you lots of fun and many spoons! xxx
*Credit for all images goes to those folks of excellent taste in the Tumblr "a knights tale" tag!